Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'll be home for Christmas... if only in my Dreams

The soft glow that came from our cathdral ceillinged living room created such a serenity in me that you might guess I had actually died on was walking on cloud nine. This glow could be seen while coming down the stairs, walking through the living room, and certainly through the kitchen. I remember walking ever so slowly and quietly, even as a small child, to be sure not to wake Eddie. I wanted to enjoy every moment of this bliss. It wasnt the tree, that was 12 feet tall and lit perfectly with all the nostolgic ortiments from before we were born (thanks to Dad). It wasnt the presents under the tree, which were beautifully wrapped with holiday paper and ribbon (thanks to Mom). It wasnt the warmth of the house, the smell of home, or even comfort of having your family so near. It was the magic of it all. It was a feeling.

I would have ten to fifteen minutes before Eddie woke up and by that time I was ready for his company. I wanted to see his face when he came in, it was like enjoying those first moments all over again.



I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.

Merry CHRISTmas.
With all the love I have,
XoXo!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment